by Bron | January 10, 2012 12:03 am
1. Your houseplants are alive, and you can’t smoke any of them.
2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.
3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
4. 6:00 am is when you get up, not when you go to bed.
5. You hear your favorite song in an elevator.
6. You watch the weather channel.
7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of “hook up” and “break up.”
8. You go from 130 days of holidays to 14.
9. Cargo pants and a singlet no longer qualify as “dressed up.”
10. You’re the one calling the police because those bloody kids next door won’t turn down the stereo.
11. Your uncle feels comfortable telling sex jokes around you.
12. You don’t know what time your local McDonald’s closes.
13. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.
14. You feed your dog Hills Science Diet.
15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
16. You take naps.
17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.
18. Eating a bucket of KFC at 3am would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.
19. You go to the chemist for Panadol and Metamucil, not condoms and pregnancy tests.
20.A $5.00 bottle of wine is no longer “pretty good stuff”.
21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.
22. “I just can’t drink the way I used to” replaces “I’m never going to drink that much again.”
23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.
24. You prefer to drink with friends at home rather than hang out at a bar.
25. When you find out your friend is pregnant you congratulate them instead of asking “Oh no, what the hell happened?”
Source URL: http://whatwomenthink.com.au/you-know-youve-grown-up-when/
Copyright ©2017 What Women Think unless otherwise noted.