by Bron | November 28, 2011 3:09 am
People constantly ask me what I do, how do I earn my money. At heart, I’m a writer, but often that doesn’t get the dollars in.
So I do marketing, communications and training for companies big and small. I help them get their message “out there” using a variety of platforms.
Which is why I loved this list below. It explains marketing in relative terms. It is both true, and quite funny. Read on…
1. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say, “I am very rich, marry me.” That’s direct marketing.
2. You go to a party, and your friend walks up to a girl while pointing at you, and tells the girl, “He is very rich, marry him.” That’s advertising.
3. A girl walks up to you and says, “You are very rich, will you marry me?” That’s brand recognition.
4. You say to a girl, “I am very rich, marry me,” and she slaps you. That’s customer feedback.
5. You say to a girl, “I am very rich, marry me,” and she introduces you to her husband. That’s demand and supply gap.
6. Before you get a chance to say to the girl, “I am very rich, marry me,” your wife arrives. That’s restriction from entering a new market.
Source URL: http://whatwomenthink.com.au/marketing-explained/
Copyright ©2017 What Women Think unless otherwise noted.